Monday, November 28, 2011

Julia and Liam Nature Invitations

Happy Monday everyone!!! I hope you all had a nice weekend. 
I'm stocked and really excited because yesterday I arrived to Buenos Aires to visit my family and friends whom I haven't seen in more than a year. I'll be staying here for 3 (hopefully long and fun) weeks and doing lots of memorable things -Christmas with all the family and one of my best friend's wedding-.  
Soon I'll be posting some pictures of this amazing and vibrant city but in the meantime...

After designing their Save the Date, Julia and Liam asked me to design the formal wedding invitation. 

At the beginning their idea was to send out a digital version to their friends and just a few printed copies for their family, but once they saw how beautiful the printed invitations were, they decided to send out printed ones for everyone.

Continuing with the STD theme, I used an earthy colour pallete and the willow tree to represent life, family, strong roots and growth. The invite was printed in 100% recycled paper and we included a little quote that reads, “we love nature and want to see trees grow, therefore this invite was made of 100% recycled paper”.

The invitation folds in three and the cover is the beautiful willow tree cut-out. The last part of the invite where the directions and map to the venue are, has marked cutting lines so the guest can cut out this part and take it with to the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment